Live ID authentication settings are located in Settings -> Security & Membership -> Authentication -> Windows LiveID.
Before you start entering values, make sure you have the correct site selected in the Site drop-down list.
- Enable Windows Live ID authentication – indicates if Windows Live ID authentication is enabled.
- Application ID – the identifier of the related Microsoft authentication application. Enter the Application (client) ID of your application. For more information, see Registering your application to use Microsoft accounts.
- Application secret – secret code used to encrypt messages transferred between your website and the Microsoft authentication application. Enter a valid Application client secret value for your authentication application. For more information, see Registering your application to use Microsoft accounts.
- Assign new users to roles – new users registered via Live ID authentication will be assigned to the roles specified here.
- Required user data page – URL of a page containing the Required LiveID user data web part. If entered, new Live ID users who sign into the site will not have their user account created immediately, but will first be redirected to the specified page where they will be required to enter some additional data (or merge with an existing account) using the web part.
Was this page helpful?