Before you start using Kentico Controls in your project, it is recommended to add the controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio:
- Open your Kentico web project in Visual Studio. Use the WebSite.sln or WebApp.sln file in the website installation directory ( c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Kentico by default).
- Edit any ASPX web form file, for example Default.aspx under the project root. This is necessary, because the toolbox only offers the controls when working with ASPX markup.
- Right-click the Toolbox and choose Add Tab.
- Type the name of the new tab (for example Kentico) and press Enter.
- Right-click the new tab and select Choose Items.
- Click Browse on the .NET Framework Components tab of the Choose Toolbox Items dialog.
- Navigate to the CMS\bin folder under your website.
- Select the CMS.DocumentEngine.Web.UI.dll library.
- Click Open and then OK.
The controls are now added to the Toolbox. You can drag the controls into the content of your web forms or user controls.
Apart from controls in the CMS.DocumentEngine.Web.UI.dll library, Kentico offers additional controls contained in libraries with the .Web.UI suffix. For example, the BizForm control can be found in the CMS.OnlineForms.Web.UI.dll assembly, the NewsletterSelector is located in the CMS.Newsletters.Web.UI assembly, etc.
Was this page helpful?