The following figure shows the typical website development process in Kentico, and how the roles are split between developers and content editors:
- The developers analyze client requirements.
- The developers prepare the site structure (site map) and the overall web design. Designers can use external wireframing tools during this process.
- The developers create page templates for every type of page required on the site (home page, solutions, products, news, etc.).
- The content editors create new pages — they enter text and images into the page templates defined by the developers.
What is a page template?
Page templates define the structure, design and core functionality of pages.
- The website can re-use a single template for any number of pages.
- Content editors can enter different content for all pages based on the same template.
- Templates allow editors to focus just on the content of pages, without the needing to take care of the page's layout and formatting.
- Templates help keep the design consistent throughout the whole website.
Was this page helpful?