This service uses the Microsoft Translator Text API to translate text. Microsoft Translator offers a free subscription for up to 2 million characters per month, higher editions must be purchased.
This service has a 5 000 character limit for every translation request. When translating pages, the service submits the content of every field and editable region as a separate unit, so the total number of characters per page is not restricted.
Configuring the Microsoft Translator service
To set up the Microsoft Translator service on your website:
- Sign up for a Microsoft Azure account, subscribe to the Microsoft Translator Text API, and retrieve your API (subscription) key.
- Follow the Microsoft documentation for detailed instructions.
- Sign in to the Kentico administration interface and open the Settings application.
- Select the Content -> Translation services settings tree item.
- Enter the API key of your Microsoft Translator service in the Microsoft Translator category.
- Click Save.