Checkout process represents a fully customizable mechanism that the customers need to go through to purchase products offered in your on-line store. Although the checkout process is automatic and no direct involvement by your staff is needed, you have full control over the process.
Types and content of checkout processes
You can create a one-step checkout process on a single page or a multi-step checkout process on multiple pages. The the checkout process is facilitated by a set of dedicated web parts, and includes, for example:
- Inserting product items to the shopping cart
- Entering the billing address
- Entering the shipping address
- Specifying the shipping option
- Selecting the payment method
- Reviewing the order
Features of checkout processes
Besides the possibility of having a one-step or a multi-step checkout process, the Kentico E-commerce Solution also offers:
- A responsive checkout process for mobile devices (or a checkout process specifically for mobile devices)
- The option to checkout as an anonymous customer, as a registered customer or both
- A clear indication of the steps/progress throughout the entire checkout process
- Using information that the customer entered in the previous steps
Setting up checkout processes
To create the checkout process, use only the Portal Engine. ASPX templates are not supported.
In this section, you can find out how to configure all of the mentioned checkout process variants, responsively or for desktops. If you want to create a separate checkout process for mobile devices, see Developing websites for mobile devices. Creating of the mobile checkout process is otherwise the same as creating of the desktop checkout process.
- Configuring steps of the checkout process
- Allowing checkout processes for anonymous or registered customers
- (Optional) Displaying the shopping cart preview on pages
- (Optional) Enabling automatic registration for anonymous customers
- (Optional) Deleting expired shopping carts from the database