Kentico provides an Azure Marketplace distribution of a sample Xperience application intended for evaluation purposes. The distribution deploys a preconfigured Xperience application running a sample website of a fictional Dancing Goat coffee shop franchise.
The distribution consists of two Azure Web Apps with dedicated hosting plans and an Azure SQL Server under your Azure subscription. For more information about the architecture of Xperience applications, see Developing Xperience applications using ASP.NET Core.
This distribution of Xperience is intended only for evaluation purposes. It should not be used to run production sites under any circumstances. All projects deployed from Azure Marketplace share a security configuration that may be exploited by malicious entities. By running production sites on this distribution, you open yourself to potential security risks.
Deploying the sample Xperience application
- Open the Kentico Xperience item on the Azure Marketplace.
- Click Get it now.
- Click Continue. A deployment wizard for the application opens in the Azure Portal.
- Click Create.
- Under Project details, select your Azure subscription and specify a Resource Group.
- Click Review + Create.
- In the final step of the pre-deployment configuration, click Create.
The Azure Portal opens a deployment overview page, where you can monitor the status of all resources being deployed. The deployment should finish in 15 minutes, on average.
After the deployment has finished:
- Click Go to resource or open the Resource Group you provided to the deployment wizard.
- Your Resource Group should contain several kenticodemo resources suffixed with a randomly generated value to guarantee globally unique resource identifiers in the Azure environment.
- Open the kenticodemositeadmin and kenticodemolivesite Web Apps and copy their URLs.
- Contact the Kentico sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org and request two evaluation licenses – one for the domain of the Xperience administration application and one for the domain of the live site application.
- Open the kenticodemositeadmin application in the browser.
- Sign in to the system. The default user is administrator with no password.
- Add the provided site licenses via the License keys application.
You can now freely evaluate the product.
Was this page helpful?