The Kentico E-commerce Solution is an out-of-the-box part of Kentico. It enables you to create your own on-line stores and e-shops while offering the users, i.e. customers and store owners, a flexible, feature-rich e-commerce platform that addresses a wide range of e-business needs with mobile device support.
Whether you are a newcomer to or an experienced user of Kentico, this section gives you an insight into:
- Configuration and administration of your on-line store
- Management of your already running on-line store
- Customization of your on-line store with new functionality
Especially newcomers can appreciate descriptions of:
- Installation of the E-commerce Site and Dancing Goat sample sites, on which you can see multiple e-commerce samples you can use on your site
- E-commerce administration user interface, which guides you through e-commerce applications in Kentico
Among other features, the Kentico E-commerce Solution allows your on-line store customers to:
- Purchase via the integrated shopping cart
- Pay their order with many payment methods
- Check the status of their orders
- Subscribe to newsletters
- And much more
From the other point of view, as the owner of websites employing the Kentico E-commerce Solution, you have tools for:
- Managing your customers' orders
- Managing shipping options and payment methods
- Managing products, manufacturers, suppliers
- And much more
See the list of features below.
I want to have my store up and running
You can configure, for example:
Present the products and services that you offer to your customers in multiple language versions.
Multiple currencies and exchange rates
Allow your customers to make orders in currencies different from the on-line store main currency.
Configurable tax calculation
Calculate taxes based on customer's billing or delivery address.
Payment methods with customer credit
Allow your customers to pay with different payment gateways, such as credit cards or PayPal, or enable them to have their system credit.
Add checkout process steps and further configure the checkout process to best suit your and your customers' needs.
Site-specific and global data
Learn how you can use site-specific objects available only on the respective sites and global objects shared across all your sites.
Permissions for store managers
Create users that can manage parts of your store.
I want to manage orders, products, customers, etc.
See Managing your store.
You can manage, for example:
Manage the products and services that you offer in your on-line store and set them based on your desires:
Product options – Manage options that you added to the offered products. For example, multiple colors, configurations, etc.
Product variants – Manage variants of your main products. For example, T-shirts in different sizes and colors. Each combination of size and color.
Manufacturers – Manage manufacturers who make the products and provide the services that you offer in your on-line store.
Suppliers – Manage suppliers who supply the products and deliver the services that you offer in your on-line store.
Product workflow – Set up a reviewing and approval process to ensure quality of your website's content and design.
Flexibly combine and grant your on-line store customers the following types of discounts:
- Catalog discounts – Grant your eligible customers discounts on selected products.
- Order discounts – Grant your eligible customers discounts on their whole shopping.
- Free shipping offers – Grant your eligible customers the benefit of free shipping.
- Volume discounts – Offer better prices to your customers if they purchase specified amounts of given products.
- Buy X Get Y discounts – Offer your customers free or discounted products if they purchase specified products.
- Bundles – Offer and sell your customers multiple products of various kinds as single products for special prices.
Besides, you can motivate your customers to purchase more products by providing them with discount coupons. The customers can exchange these virtual vouchers for various types of discounts (order discounts, free shipping offers, discounts on selected products).
Manage your on-line store customers.
Manage orders that your customers placed while purchasing in your on-line store.
Reports and statistics
View reports and statistics related to your on-line store.
I want to extend or modify the in-built functionality
See Customizing and developing your store.
You can customize, for example:
Add your custom providers for alternative behavior of your store.
Add new rules for creating order or catalog discounts or free shipping offers.
Buy X Get Y discounts – evaluation and application
Customize the way how Buy X Get Y discounts work.
Custom payment gateways
Create your custom payment gateway, which can collaborate which whichever other banking system.
Custom shipping carrier providers
Create your custom shipping carrier providers to offer your customers shipping with whichever shipping company.
Custom product option forms
Add a conditional field that is displayed according to another field's value in your forms.
Custom marking shopping carts as abandoned
Customize the way Kentico empties abandoned shopping carts from the database.
Developing on-line stores in MVC
Create your on-line store just as you and your customers want using ASP.NET MVC.