In addition to the translation providers available by default, you can also integrate any other services or your own translation mechanisms.
To add a custom service:
- Create a class that defines the translation functionality or the communication logic between Xperience and an external service. The implementation rules for the class are different for machine and human translation services. You can find detailed information and custom development examples for the two types of services on the dedicated pages:
- Add a new assembly (Class Library project) to your Xperience solution and include the service class there. You need to add the appropriate references to both the assembly and the administration project.
- Register the service in the system via the Translation services application and specify its properties.
- Create Custom settings for any additional parameters required by the service, such as connection credentials or API keys.
- The settings allow administrators to configure the service for specific websites or translation projects.
When translating pages or resource strings, users can choose custom services among the translation options offered by the system.
Was this page helpful?