User contributions allow you to create a content editing interface for site members. This means that selected website visitors can create, edit and delete content. Even if they aren't editors and cannot access the administration interface or the on-site editing mode.
There are several scenarios where you can use User contributions, for example:
- Community news – you can create a list of news and allow community members to add news. See an example configuration.
- Partner directory – your business partners can add reference projects to their profile on the website.
- Intranet knowledge base – your employees can add knowledge base articles to the intranet portal.
Use the following web parts to implement user contributions:
- Contribution list – allows you to display a list of pages and a New page link.
- Edit contribution – allows you to edit an existing page.