The Forms application allows you to send two types of emails automatically when a new record is added:
- Notification email - emails notifying the person responsible for form data management (content editor, administrator, ...) about the new submitted record.
- Autoresponder - email to the person who submitted the new record, typically confirming that the record has been received and will be processed.
When a user adds a record on the live site, the emails are sent out based on settings described in the following sections. When you add a record via the administration interface, you can decide whether these emails will be sent, as described in Managing form data.
You can configure the autoresponder emails on the Autoresponder tab of a form's editing interface:
- Open the Forms application.
- Edit ( ) a form.
- Switch to the Autoresponder tab.
- Select a form field from the Confirmation email source field drop-down list, where users will enter their email address (so that the system knows where to send the automatic response).
- Define the additional options:
- From email - email address from which the autoresponder emails will be sent (the From field of the email message).
- Subject - subject of the autoresponder emails.
- Click the Generate table layout button.
- This generates a table with all field names in the left column and their values in the right column.
- You can also adjust the layout by selecting a field from the Available fields list box and clicking the Insert label or Insert value buttons.
- You can also use macros in the values of these fields. See Using macros with forms for details.
- (Optional) Click the Attachments button in the header of the tab to add files to the autoresponder email, such as a detailed event agenda, white papers, pictures, etc.
- You can use the Paste to text action to insert image attachments directly into the body of the e‑mail (to the current cursor position).
- The current number of attachments is displayed by a number in the button's caption.
- Click Save.