The Message boards application enables site visitors to comment on the content of particular pages. Each message board is related to a page on which it is placed, and optionally to a user or group. Messages can be moderated by board moderators. Users can subscribe to receiving notifications about new messages and rate the content of the pages.
Message boards provide functions similar to those of the Forums application. However, unlike structured forums, message boards are flat and simpler.
- To learn how to use the Message board web part, see Placing message boards on pages.
- To learn how to administrate Message boards, see Managing message boards.
- To learn how to set a URL base for unsubscription links in notification e-mails, see Setting Board base URL.
- Application security is described in Message boards security.
- Message board notifications are described in Message boards notifications.