Before you start using Kentico Controls in your project, it is recommended to add the controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio:
- Open your Kentico web project in Visual Studio. Use the WebSite.sln or WebApp.sln file in the website installation directory ( c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Kentico by default).
- Edit any ASPX web form file, for example Default.aspx under the project root. This is necessary, because the toolbox only offers the controls when working with ASPX markup.
- Right-click the Toolbox and choose Add Tab.
- Type the name of the new tab (for example Kentico) and press Enter.
- Right-click the new tab and select Choose Items.
- Click Browse on the .NET Framework Components tab of the Choose Toolbox Items dialog.
- Navigate to the CMS\bin folder under your website.
- Select the CMS.Controls.dll library.
- Click Open and then OK.
The controls are now added to the Toolbox. You can drag the controls into the content of your web forms or user controls.