Language version comparison enables content editors to view and edit two different language versions of documents side-by-side. This can be convenient when translating website content into multiple languages.
To switch to language version comparison mode in the Pages application, select a document and click Compare below the content tree.
The system displays a language version comparison toolbar and splits the document editing area below the toolbar into two parts:
- The first displays the document in the language selected in the main selector below the content tree.
- The second displays the language selected on the comparison toolbar.
You can edit both displayed language versions independently at the same time.
The language comparison toolbar provides the following options:
Close comparison mode
|Closes the comparison mode and returns to the standard view of a single language version. You can also close the comparison by clicking Compare below the content tree again.|
Splits the editing area vertically.
Splits the editing area horizontally.
If enabled, scrollbars in both parts of the editing area are synchronized, resulting in the same sections of both language versions being displayed while scrolling.
You can choose which language version of the document is compared with the selected language.
- If you select a document whose version in the comparison language is not created yet, the standard New culture version dialog appears.
- Language version comparison mode is available in both Edit and Preview mode.
- The comparison mode is also supported for document Properties, except for the Linked docs, Related docs, Security and Languages tabs (the document properties on these tabs are shared by all language versions).