The Message boards application enables site visitors to comment on the content of a particular page. Each message board is related to a document on which it is placed, and optionally to a user or group. Messages can be moderated by board moderators. Users can subscribe to receiving notifications about new messages and rate the content of the document.
Message boards provide similar functionality to the Forums application. However, unlike structured forums, message boards are flat and simpler.
- To learn how to use the Message board web part, please refer to Placing message boards on pages.
- To learn how to administrate Message boards, please refer to Managing message boards.
- To learn how to set Board base URL, please refer to Setting Board base URL.
- Application security is described in Message boards security.
- Message board notifications are described in Message boards notifications.