You can use the Media file uploader web part to allow users to upload content to a specific media library.
Note that the Media gallery web part provides the same functionality as the Media file uploader web part but allows users to view the media library content as well. The use of the Media gallery web part is described in Displaying media library content on the live site.
Putting the Media file uploader web part on your web page
- Open the Pages application.
- Choose the page on which you want to place the web part.
- Switch to the Design tab.
- Place the Media file uploader web part to a content area of your choice. The Web part properties dialog box opens.
- Under General, specify the following properties:
- Library name - Media library to which you want to be able to upload files.
- Destination path - relative path to the folder into which you want to upload the files.
- Allow upload thumbnail - turn on to enable on-site upload of file thumbnails.
- Save & Close.
Note that users can only upload a thumbnail if they are uploading a media library file together with it. The thumbnail is attached to the file it is uploaded with.
Was this page helpful?