When you have developed a custom notification gateway, you need to register the gateway in the system:
- Open the Notifications application.
- Click New gateway on the Gateways tab.
- Enter the following details into the New gateway form:
- Display name - name used for the gateway in the administration interface.
- Code name - serves as an identifier for the gateway. Leave the default (automatic) value to generate an appropriate code name based on the display name.
- Description - text describing the gateway.
- Enabled - if unchecked, the notification gateway is not functional – this can be useful if you want to temporarily disable the gateway so that no messages are sent, e.g. when you are performing administration tasks.
- Gateway provider - Assembly name - identifies the assembly where the gateway class is stored. Select (custom classes) for classes created in the App_Code folder.
- Gateway provider - Class - name of the class containing the gateway code, including namespaces.
- Supports message subject - enable if the gateway's message format supports message subjects.
- Supports HTML text - enable if the gateway supports messages in HTML format (e.g. for emails).
- Supports plain text - enable if the gateway supports plain text format (e.g. for SMS).
- Click Save to confirm the changes.
Developing custom notification gateways:
Other related pages
Was this page helpful?