You can find the Messages application functionality also on the live site. This is because the respective pages contain Messages application web parts, available in the Messaging web part category.
The My messages web part is the all-in-one messaging web part. The web part encapsulates other messaging web parts in a single web part. It provides the same functionality as the Messages application available in the administration interface. While configuring the web part, you can choose which of its components will be displayed using the properties in the Design section - Display inbox, Display outbox, Display contact list, and Display ignore list.
Other messaging web parts
If you need to add to a page just a particular Messaging application function, you can use the following web parts:
- Contact list - allows users to add other users to their contact lists, and remove users from these lists.
- Ignore list - allows users to define which users they don't receive any messages from.
- Inbox - shows users a list of received messages, and allows them to reply to and delete these messages.
- Messaging info panel - displays links to the Inbox, Outbox, etc.
- Outbox - shows users a list of sent messages, and allows them to delete these messages.
- Send message - allows users to send messages.
The web parts can be used separately on any page of the website. The web parts provide the same functionality like the My messages web part.