The following is a list of features you should consider configuring when setting up the E-commerce solution:
Before working on the site
- Set which global objects and settings you want to use.
- If you do not plan to use a multi-site store running on one Xperience instance, it is recommended to use only site objects and settings.
- Create at least one currency and select it as the main currency.
You also probably need an exchange table.
- Set the type of rounding that the system uses for price values when calculating taxes or discounts, converting currencies, etc.
- Set up the mass unit and its format.
- If you do not set up the mass unit, store managers can then set weight of products in a wrong unit (as they will not see any unit by the field) and shipping options may work incorrectly.
- Create at least one order status to be able to create orders.
- Create at least one shipping option to be able to ship products.
- Create at least one payment method and assign it to at least one shipping option to allow payment for orders.
- Configure the settings related to tax matters:
- Set the
Choose whether Prices include tax – this determines how store managers set the prices of products.
- Configure invoices.
Before creating page types
- When creating form controls for page type fields, use the explanation text for fields that could be unclear.
- The explanation text is displayed directly below the field.
- Set up page type scopes to ensure order and clarity of your products.
- Page type scopes allow users to create only specified page types inside the individual sections of the content tree. For example, in the Books section of your on-line store, you can set the scope only for the Books page type.
Before adding products
- Enter the default product image.
- If you do not enter any default product image URL, products in product listings could be displayed incorrectly.
- Create departments with defined taxes.
- The system then automatically adds taxes to new products.
- Enter the relationship name of products for related products, if you plan to allow only one relationship.
- When adding a product options category to products, it is recommended to manually select the options and not use the Allow all options property.
- If you select Allow all options, any new option added to the option category will be also offered for the already created products.
Using on-line marketing features in on-line stores
- Purchasing of products or putting them into the shopping cart can be an action tracked in on-line marketing campaigns.
- See more in Campaigns.
- You can send an email notification to your customers when they leave your website while their shopping cart contains some products.
- Different actions in your on-line store can be logged as activities.
- See more in Configuring activities.
Was this page helpful?