The system allows you to validate the accessibility of pages. You can perform the validation against several standards:
- BITV 1.0 (Level 2)
- Section 508
- Stanca Act
- WCAG 1.0 (Level A)
- WCAG 1.0 (Level AA)
- WCAG 1.0 (Level AAA)
- WCAG 2.0 (Level A)
- WCAG 2.0 (Level AA)
- WCAG 2.0 (Level AAA)
To validate the accessibility of a page:
Warning: During validation, your data is sent to an external 3rd party validation service. If you have sensitive, non‑public content, we recommend using other types of validation.
- Open the Pages application.
- Select the page in the content tree.
- Switch to Preview mode.
- Open the Validate -> Accessibility tab.
- Choose the validation Standard.
- Click Validate.
If the page contains accessibility issues, you can view the following information for each detected problem:
- Line - the line number of the HTML code on which the issue appears.
- Column - the column of the HTML code (i.e. number of characters from the beginning of the respective line) where the issue appears.
- Accessibility rule - the standard's accessibility rule based on which the error was generated.
- Error - message describing the validity issue.
- Fix suggestion - description of steps that you can perform to address the accessibility issue.
- Source - extract of the part of the code where the accessibility issue appears.
Note: If you navigate to another page in preview mode using links on the displayed pages, and then switch to the Validate tab, the system still validates the page selected in the content tree.
Was this page helpful?