Validating website code and accessibility
Xperience provides built-in page validation features. The main advantage of the built-in validators over standard web-based validation services is that your pages do not need to be live to get validated. All that is required is to have an Internet connection. You can validate pages before you publish them.
To validate your website's pages:
- Open the Pages application.
- Select a page in the content tree.
- Switch to the Preview mode.
- Select the Validate tab.
The following validators are available:
- HTML validator - checks page output code validity against the (X)HTML standard version declared in page code.
- CSS validator - checks the validity of CSS styles used by the page against the CSS3 standard.
- Validating links - checks availability of links on a page.
Validating accessibility- page accessibility validation is no longer available after May 1, 2021 due to the termination of the used 3rd party validation service.
Note: The validators always validate the version of the page that is displayed in the Preview mode (the version published on the live site may be different when using workflow).