To find information about the web application and environment running the administration interface, open the System application and view the General tab.
- Machine name – name of the server machine on which the system is running.
- ASP.NET account – name of the user account used by ASP.NET in the server's operating system.
- ASP.NET version
- Your IP address – IP address from which you are accessing the system.
- Server name – name of the database server on which the system's database is running.
- Server version – SQL Server version installed on the database server.
- Database name – the name of the system database.
- Database size – the current size of the database, including the current data (the .mdf file) and the database log (the .ldf file).
Contact management database separation
If the application has a separated contact management database (on-line marketing), the page displays information for both databases.
- Allocated memory – size of memory allocated for the system.
- Peak memory usage – maximum memory used by the process.
- Process physical memory – physical memory used by the process.
- Process virtual memory – memory allocated by the process in the virtual memory space.
Click Clear unused memory to free up memory space by deleting unused data.
Garbage collection statistics
Shows how many times the garbage collector initiated cleaning of unused memory.
- Cache items – number of items stored in the application's memory.
- Expired – number of expired cache items.
- Removed – number of items removed from the system cache since the last restart.
- Dependency changed – number of cache items that the system dropped as a result of cache dependencies.
- Underused – number of cache items dropped earlier than the planned expiration time (possibly due to lack of memory).
Click Clear cache to remove all cached content from the memory of the administration application.
See also: Configuring caching
Restarting the application
You can restart the application or its components by clicking the buttons in the header of the General tab:
- Restart application – restarts the administration application (needed to apply certain types of changes).
- Restart all web farm servers – restarts all web farm servers, including the MVC application running the live site.
- Restart windows services – restarts all Xperience Windows services (if any are installed). See Kentico Xperience Service Manager for more details.
Was this page helpful?