Xperience provides support for responsive image management. The responsive image functionality enables you to create your own image filters and combine them in different ways to create image variants. For example, you can define image variants based on various criteria such as screen size, the type of the target device, and so on.
Each filter and image variant definition is represented by a standard .NET class that needs to be implemented by a developer.
Note: Image variants can be generated only for images stored as page attachments.
To use responsive images in Xperience , you need to:
- Add filters that can be applied on images.
- Define filters that represent actions such as crop, resize, watermark, etc.
- Define image variants.
- Use the created filters and develop image variant definitions to fit your needs.
- Generate image variants.
- Image variants are automatically created only for newly uploaded and updated page attachments.
- For existing page attachments, you need to generate image variants manually.
- Use image variants on your pages.
- Display image variants on your pages.
Sample code files
You can view sample implementations of filters and image variant definitions in your Xperience program files directory (by default C:\Program Files\Kentico\<version>) under the CodeSamples\CustomizationSamples\ResponsiveImages subfolder.
Was this page helpful?