Form controls provide the interface for the editing forms that allow users to input data in the Xperience administration interface. Each form control represents a single field, and displays a certain form element, such as a text box for user input, a group of radio buttons, a selector etc.
You can insert form controls into all editing forms that are based on the Xperience form engine, including the following:
- Page type editing forms (Content tab)
- Editing forms of system objects (classes)
- Editing forms of Custom tables
- Alternative forms
- Custom website settings
- Report parameters
- Macro rule parameters
Form controls are implemented as standard ASP.NET Web Form controls using one of the following approaches:
- As a user control (.ascx file)
- As a control class compiled in an assembly
In both cases, the control class must inherit from the CMS.FormEngine.Web.UI.FormEngineUserControl class.